At Pulse Environmental we take health and safety seriously and we make no compromises when it comes to the welfare of the public, our customers and our employees.
We have consulted specialists to review all of our practices, ensuring we comply with all legislation to the highest standard.
It is our duty that no one’s safety or health should be compromised by our activities.
At your workplace
- We will carry out a risk assessment ahead of a contract becoming operational
- We will ensure that all our staff and vehicles comply with any site specific safety criteria
- We will ensure our staff leave your site in a tidy and hazard free condition when the collection has been completed
- We will advise you of any incidents or near misses and discuss operational changes to prevent any re-occurrence
On the road
- We will regularly check driving licences with the DVLA
- We will ensure our drivers learn to share the roads safely by attending Safe Urban Driving (SUD) Approved Driver Training courses
- We will equip our Heavy Goods vehicles (HGVs) over 7.5T GVW with close proximity warning system to alert them to Vulnerable Road Users, including cyclists on London’s roads
- We will bear prominent signage on the rear of our vehicles to warn cyclists of the dangers of passing the vehicle on the inside
- We will equip our vehicles with first aid boxes, fire extinguishers and spill kits
At our facilities
- We will ensure all our processing equipment and plant is well maintained and fit for purpose
- We will train our staff to have broad-based knowledge of health and safety and safe systems of work.
- We will encourage a Speak Up, Stay Safe culture
- We will enforce a zero tolerance policy for misuse of alcohol or drugs in the work place